Friday, January 4, 2013

"always do whats right, it will gratify some and leave the others astonished"

Today was a different day. We finished the day by going to have some ice cream as a small group. It was an opportunity for some quality team bonding and laughing time! We had our first class session this morning and again in the evening. We rode along to the farmers market to buy fruit, even though it was raining. We then had the opportunity to meet with an influential government official friend and see some Belizean government buildings. The size of the US embassy compared to the rest of embassy row was ridiculously large. The title of my post was a quote from Mark Twain mentioned by our government official which has stuck in my mind. He has taken a stand to resist any illegal or immoral activity which must be quite hard. It has made me think, how far would I go to stand for my morals?

No comments:

Post a Comment